Recipe by Maryland Jim
Found this in an old fund raising cookbook for Church Home and Hospital School in Baltimore, dated 1985. I have not tried it yet but plan to do so real soon.
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lb fish fillet, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat salad oil. Add green pepper and onion. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in rice. Brown mixture for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Old Bay seasoning and fish. Cover. Simmer gently 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; stir gently. Cover and simmer 10 more minutes.