Unashamedly rich dish. Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a first course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 ounce of the butter in a small heavy saucepan.
- 2Stir in the flour and mix well.
- 3Slowly stir in the milk and boil very gently to make a smooth thick sauce.
- 4Stir in the mace, salt and pepper.
- 5Mix in all the crab and bring just to the boil.
- 6Stir in the cream, check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- 7If planning as a first course, pour into 4 small (2½-inch) buttered ovenproof ramekins and sprinkle each with breadcrumbs and then Parmesan cheese; if planning a main course, use 2 4-inch ramekins.
- 8If preparing ahead, the ramekins can wait in the refrigerator for several hours before cooking.
- 9Dot the top of each dish with the remaining butter and stand the ramekins in ½-inch deep water in a baking tray.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes 400°F.
- 11The tops should be crisp and golden brown and the crab thick and creamy.
- 12Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Is For Crabs!
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.2
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 1523.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 29.0 g