- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 4.92 ml minced onion
- 14.79 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 170.09 g crabmeat, backfin recommended,cartilage removed
- 16 fluid ounce light cream
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, add Old Bay, minced onion, lemon juice, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, and then gradually add the light cream, continuing to stir.
- Add the crabmeat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve garnished with a dash of Old Bay and parsley flakes.