Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ounces crabmeat, backfin recommended,cartilage removed
- 16 fluid ounces light cream
- parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, add Old Bay, minced onion, lemon juice, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, and then gradually add the light cream, continuing to stir.
- Add the crabmeat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve garnished with a dash of Old Bay and parsley flakes.
I ate the whole batch by myself. Don't judge me.
LOVE IT! I doubled the recipe and altered it! Alterations: I used one small chopped sauted onion, 3 tablespoons of Old Bay, and used half and half instead of light. It makes it thicker, but when you are about it eat you can pour some milk in to cool and thin it out - your choice. I also use 16 oz of back fin or jumbo crab meat. YUM YUM YUM!!! I have made this twice already and can't get enough ;).
The consensus at the table was actually 4.5 stars, but I'll bump it up to 5 because it was great! Light cream was just right. It was a bit bland tasting, so I added some extra Old Bay and 2 tbsp of sherry. Perfect! Thanks for the recipe!