Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ounces crabmeat, backfin recommended,cartilage removed
- 16 fluid ounces light cream
- parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, add Old Bay, minced onion, lemon juice, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, and then gradually add the light cream, continuing to stir.
- Add the crabmeat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve garnished with a dash of Old Bay and parsley flakes.