Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This combination is highly flavorful and very spicy. If you're not sure if you'd like Old Bay Seasoning, use only a tablespoon or less at first.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, less to taste,see note
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 (6 ounce) cansfancy crabmeat
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canseasoned diced tomatoes (we used tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 2 cups chicken broth, thickened with
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dissolve Old Bay Seasoning in rice vinegar.
- Add crab meat and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Put in a medium pot.
- Add onion.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth and add to pot, along with the tomatoes.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes and uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve when heated through.
I made this soup last night for dinner. What a treat. Very delicious and different from other crab soups I have tried. No rich and cream based, but savory and tomato based in flavor. My husband and I both loved the Old Bay seasoning and used all 1 1/2 tablespoons. Thanks Dancer^.
We enjoyed this! I used 1 tbsp of Old Bay and most of us still found it a bit spicy. I think next time I would use petite diced tomatoes, but the flavor was very good. Thank you for the recipe! Will make this again!
Since moving from the East coast, I've missed the tomato basedMaryland Crab Soup. Since driving 1100 miles for soup is a bit far, I decided to see if I could make it. Your recipe looked close, so I tried it. Oh my...I could close my eyes and transport myself to the shore. It was wonderful. Best of all it takes very little time to prepare. I will definitely make this again and again. The only thing Idid not havewas the seasoned rice wine vinegar. I used red wine vinegar and water instead - worked great. Thanks for posting this recipe!