Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting for safe keeping. In search of the Maryland Crab Soup served at Green Turtle restaurants. Found on www.oldbay.com
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup lima beans, frozen
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lb crabmeat
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine tomatoes, water, broth, lima beans, carrots, corn, onions and OLD BAY.
- Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
I used petite diced tomatoes instead of whole tomatoes and cutting them up. I used four cups of beef broth and only one cup of water. I used a can of white corn and french style green beans. I then added a cup of shredded carrots for the veggies. I followed the rest of the recipe. It was good but it seemed like it was missing something. Hubby added more old bay, pepper and salt to his bowl and thought it was better.