Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've made this many times. For lima beans and peas you can use fresh or frozen.
Make and share this Maryland Crab Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium boiling potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (can add less to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 lb large lump crabmeat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, green beans, corn, lima beans, peas, worcestershire sauce, Old Bay and 6 cups water in large pot. Add tomatoes, crushing them in your hand and juice from can.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 munutes.
- Add crabmeat to soup and simmer 30 minutes more stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tastes even better the next day!