Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this many times. For lima beans and peas you can use fresh or frozen.
Make and share this Maryland Crab Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium boiling potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (can add less to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 lb large lump crabmeat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, green beans, corn, lima beans, peas, worcestershire sauce, Old Bay and 6 cups water in large pot. Add tomatoes, crushing them in your hand and juice from can.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 munutes.
- Add crabmeat to soup and simmer 30 minutes more stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tastes even better the next day!