Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe in The Healty Heart Miracle.
Make and share this Maryland Crab Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 cups bouillon
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 lb crabmeat
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine the onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and 1/2 cup of the bouillon in a large pot and cook until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining bouillon, tomato sauce, bay leaf, oregano, cayenne pepper, potatoes, and carrots, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, crabmeat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
Great recipe. I followed it as written with two changes: I omitted the celery because my family doesn't like it and I added old bay seasoning. The result was an excellent excellent soup. Great job posting this one!
This was very tasty and easy. I was looking for a tomato based crab soup and this one hit the spot. I liked the level of spiciness and will make it again. I followed the recipe pretty closely but may have omitted a veggie or two if not on hand. Yummy!
I chose this recipe because I had only to purchase the crab, and a few of the veggies. It was simple to make, and tasted great. I should have omitted the tomatoes. Used old bay seasonings, added more water and some fish sauce, and forgot to add the corn. Made this the night before, and the flavors did improve. Will make it again.