Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really like this dip spooned and served inside a hollowed out loaf of bread or with slices of French bread.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat or 1 lb backfin crab meat
- 2 -4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk, for moistening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature and soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Add Old Bay seasoning to taste (use at least 2 Tbsp) and mix until all is evenly mixed (hand mixing works best).
- Carefully blend in crab meat so as not to break up the lumps. Add milk to loosen and make mixing easier.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased deep dish glass 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and top with Old Bay to Taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is golden brown and bubbling (time varies, usually 30-45 minutes).
Awesome, Awesome Crab Dip Recipe. I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed yet. I've made other crab dip recipes before and they turned out kind of bland (I'm from Maryland. Needless to say I've had some of the best crab dips you could imagine). This recipe has the perfect amount of a Maryland kick. When i make it for my friends for football Sunday, it's almost gone before the night is over.