Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yet another crab cake recipe....what can I say, I love them!!
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 6 -8 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the caper sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together to combine and chill until crab cakes are ready.
- CRAB CAKES:.
- Drain the crab meat and remove any bits of shell.
- Combine the crushed crackers, mayonnaise, egg, parsley, Old Bay, mustard, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Shape into 8 thin patties.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the crab cakes and cook in batches 4-5 min on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining crab cakes.
- Serve with caper sauce.
Commenting on the Caper Sauce only (had crab cakes already made and was looking for a different sauce than the usual tartar or cocktail). This caught my eye because I love all the ingredients in the sauce - and it did not disappoint! Will definitely make this again and I hope I get a chance to try the crab cake recipe because that sounds equally delicious! Thanks for the recipe!