1/1 Photo of Maryland Crab Cakes, the Real Deal
My mom made these when I was just a kid. Several years ago, DH took his first post-retirement job as Seafood Supervisor in a local grocery chain, made these for the seafood department, and the word spread, so that they were taking phone orders for "HIS" crab cakes ! The owner told him that Matzo Meal in place of the bread crumbs works very well due to the soda cracker addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2CAREFULLY fold in crabmeat by hand into well blended ingredients, so as not to break up crab lumps.
- 3Add bread crumbs and, using hands, blend all ingredients -- still taking care to not break up lumps.
- 4Carefully form into 10 slightly flattened cakes.
- 5Refrigerate cakes several hours or overnight.
- 6Prepare by either frying in olive oil or butter, or broiling.
- 7Note: Frying in electric skillet in a little olive oil and butter for several minutes per side works very well for me.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Crab Cakes, the Real Deal
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 229.5 mg
- Sodium 871.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning