Recipe by Leslie O
If you have ever been to the Maryland area or once lived there you would know how AWESOME the seafood is! This recipe will not disappoint you! It was handed down to me from my Mommom, who has lived in Delaware ( Maryland's Neighbor) her entire life. Please try it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (do not use dressing)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together eggs, mayo, OLD BAY, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and mustard, until creamy.
- Add bread crumbs, mixing evenly.
- Add in the crab meat, being sure to mix evenly.
- Shape into cakes.
- Makes 6 large or 9 medium crabcakes.
- Saute in pan with a little oil for about 5 minutes on each side.
- You can also broil them until brown. This may require you to flip them, depending on your pan.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon.
- Tip: Try a crabcake sandwich. I use a Martin's Brand potato roll topped with tartar sauce and crisp lettuce.