If you have ever been to the Maryland area or once lived there you would know how AWESOME the seafood is! This recipe will not disappoint you! It was handed down to me from my Mommom, who has lived in Delaware ( Maryland's Neighbor) her entire life. Please try it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years!
- Mix together eggs, mayo, OLD BAY, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and mustard, until creamy.
- Add bread crumbs, mixing evenly.
- Add in the crab meat, being sure to mix evenly.
- Shape into cakes.
- Makes 6 large or 9 medium crabcakes.
- Saute in pan with a little oil for about 5 minutes on each side.
- You can also broil them until brown. This may require you to flip them, depending on your pan.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon.
- Tip: Try a crabcake sandwich. I use a Martin's Brand potato roll topped with tartar sauce and crisp lettuce.
Nothing beats a MD crabcake! Yummmmy :-)
Made this but followed my Mom's recommendation, instead of saute I bake them in the oven for 10 minutes, then broil for another 5 minutes. They are really good, not greasy and make good appetizer. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Really great! I baked mine for 20 minutes at 425F on a greased cookie sheet instead of pan frying to cut down on the fat and they turned out perfect.