Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This is a great meal for a luncheon or a light supper. Found this hand written in one of my put together cookbooks. Serve with a salad and lemon slices.
Top Review by HowPurdy
I couldn't see making these without Old Bay Seasoning - My Mother's family is from the eastern shore and they were always made with Old Bay there.....even when they just steam the crabs.
- 2 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in bowl and cover with milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess milk from bread and place in clean bowl. Add remaining ingredients to the bread mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Shape mixture into thick pancakes. Cook in hot oil over medium heat , about 4 or 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
- I place them on a paper towel for 1 minute to take away any extra oil.