Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Enjoy one of the Old Line State's most famous specialties without leaving home. (Cooking time is approximate - it will vary with the size and thickness of your crab cakes)
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and form into hamburger shaped patties.
- Broil in oven, turning once until golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with tartar sauce or seafood sauce.
Very good, unfortunately I couldn't find any blue crab meat so used just the bumble-bee canned crab meat. I've never seen crab cakes broiled (which is undoubtedly more healthy). I still fried them in oil. The second time I added about 1/3 cup chopped onions and a 1 tbsp parsley flakes. Came out really nice, the onions didn't overpower. Great recipe, thanks.
not even close to a good Maryland (Ches. Bay) crab cake.