I have had this salad at this great restaurant near my home. Now I found it in the new Coastal Living Magazine. It is so good!!!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (like Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs ((Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Combine mayo, seasoning, capers, Worcestershire,and mustard.
- Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Gently fold in bell pepper, cucumber, green onion.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet; add breadcrumbs (Panko) and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Serve crabmeat salad over mixed greens and top with toasted breadcrumbs.
WOW This was great! I was looking for a crab cake recipe and found this one and it was great. I forgot the Old bay but didnt miss it. I didnt have panco bread crumbs so I crumbled up some garlic flavored triskets that I had. I left out all the veggies and rolled the crab into balls and rolled the balls in the crumbs, formed them into cakes and pan fried in butter. YUM!
Susie, this was soooo good. DH and I both enjoyed it. The salad came together really quickly and was perfect for dinner tonight with a cup of soup. I did leave out the capers :( and used 3 cans of crabmeat. I will be keeping this one handy and am anxious to try it with some fresh picked crab, it would be that much better.