- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white sauce mix
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 12 ounces crabmeat (fresh, frozen or canned)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter and saute celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in sauce mix. Gradually stir in half and half.
- Add sherry and broth.
- Stir over low heat until soup bubbles and thickens slightly.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Simmer 15 minutes longer.