Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I was feeling like a little barbecue action tonight so I dug out this recipe. I love fruit on the grill and the banana is a bit unexpected. The original recipe calls for chicken thigh pieces butI've always used chicken breasts.
Top Review by Evie*
Love these kebabs! I started with 3 chicken breasts and used 2 bananas (all I had) and found I have quite a lot of chicken left, stir fry for tonight! The flavours are great, love the banana wrapped in the bacon, this will be a regular on our Summer grills, thanks for posting.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 bananas
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss until well coated.
- Cover and leave to marinate 1-2 hours.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half.
- Cut the bananas into 1" lengths and brish with lemon juice.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of banana.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserve the marinade for basting.
- Thread the chicken and banana rolls onto the skewers.
- Barbecue the kabobs over hot coals 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Baste the kabobs with the marinade and turn the skewers frequently.
- Serve with corn on the cob and mango relish.