Recipe by Gingerbee
Southern hospitality at it's best. Miss Mary Jane lovingly prepares these "AWESOME" delights to pleasure family and friends who bang the door down to get to them. I hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack.