Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I had never heard of this treat until my sister-in-law said it was her favorite. This recipe is a bit different than the rest.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Combine butter, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil. Add cocoa.
- Let it boil slowly for 4-5 minutes. Don't over boil or it will get too hard.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over puffed wheat, stirring until all wheat puffs are well coated.
- Pack firmly into a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Let cool, then cut into 24 pieces.