Recipe by Canadian In Atlanta
These make-ahead appetizers are delicious. Just make ahead, freeze and then back when you're ready. My mother gave me this recipe and makes them at holiday time.
Top Review by Eukaable
I had these at a friends party last night, oh my goodness so delicious! She used rounds of baguette. Delicious, I knew I had to look it up asap! (very rich, don't eat as many as I did!)
- 1 loaf thin sliced white bread
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from bread.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Spread each slice of bread with mixture. Cut into strips or any other desired shape.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Place in plastic bags and store in the freezer.
- To serve, bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.