Recipe by peacha
This is a cut out sugar cookie recipe. It came from a friend of my grandmother. My siblings and I don't think it is Christmas without these cookies. I recently met the infamous Mary Rahm and found out that she never makes these cookies anymore. Her son wanted me to send him some the next time I make them.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine sour cream, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add sour cream mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add flour gradually until it forms a nice dough.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Using only a small portion at a time, roll 1/4 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes, do not let them get brown.