Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a perfect summer party cake ... you can use either frozen or fresh strawberries.
- 18 3⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry (frozen, thawed or fresh)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, soft
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry (frozen thawed or fresh)
- Mix together the cake mix, jello, oil and water. Then add eggs and mix again.
- Blend in the strawberries and mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Bake in 2 greased 9" round cake pand for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make icing combine and mix until well blended the powdered sugar, margarine and strawberries.
- When cake is cooled lay bottom layer and spread a layer of icing on top. Then place the other cake on top of that and frost the entire cake.
Loved it! I doubled the recipe but used only 1 package of the strawberry jello as I did not want a really dark pink cake. It came out awsome! Oh and I also did not add strawberries to the frosting because I wanted a cleaner look to the cake. I decorated with strawberries instead. Thanks for posting!
I.too, used fresh berries and I split my two layers into four using the icing between the layers and none on the edges. Served with a berry garnish also. Made for the Photo Tag.
What a pretty and tasty cake. I used fresh strawberries and added some sliced strawberries to the middle layer of icing. Made homemade powdered sugar using 4 cups sugar plus 4 teaspoons cornstarch whizzed in my blender. I keep a batch of this on hand for recipes calling for powdered sugar, and I used butter instead of margarine. Garnished the top with whole strawberries dipped in chocolate using ellie's Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.