Recipe by Hill Family
This is a perfect summer party cake ... you can use either frozen or fresh strawberries.
Top Review by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
Loved it! I doubled the recipe but used only 1 package of the strawberry jello as I did not want a really dark pink cake. It came out awsome! Oh and I also did not add strawberries to the frosting because I wanted a cleaner look to the cake. I decorated with strawberries instead. Thanks for posting!
- 18 3⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry (frozen, thawed or fresh)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, soft
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry (frozen thawed or fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cake mix, jello, oil and water. Then add eggs and mix again.
- Blend in the strawberries and mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Bake in 2 greased 9" round cake pand for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make icing combine and mix until well blended the powdered sugar, margarine and strawberries.
- When cake is cooled lay bottom layer and spread a layer of icing on top. Then place the other cake on top of that and frost the entire cake.