Jaël P.'s Note:
This comes from the old Mary Moore cookbook which is no longer published. Almost like a devil's food cake with thick moist fudge icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In beater bowl, cream together butter, sugar and cocoa. Add egg and blend.
- 2Stir in sour milk and hot water to which 1 teaspoons baking soda has been added.
- 3In another bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt and flour. Add all at once to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Stir to incorporate all the flour mixture, then beat with mixer at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula.
- 4Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins filling 2/3 full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Frost with Fudge Icing.
- 5FUDGE ICING.
- 61/2 cup butter, 1 egg, 1/4 cup cocoa, 2 cups icing sugar, milk (see below).
- 7In bowl, cream together butter and cocoa. Add egg and blen well. Mix in icing sugar, then using beater on high, combine throughly. If too stiff, add 1 tsp milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. Fudge icing should be thick and moist rather than light and fluffy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary Moore Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g