Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not made this but seems fairly simple and someone requested this and it is from Mary Margaret McBride' Encyclopedia of Cooking, Volume 7, page 1509.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- Cook meat until crumbly. Add garlic, onion, and celery; cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste, water and seasonings. Blend well. Cover and simmer 50 minutes. Drain off extra fate.
- Arrange alternate layers of cooked noodles, sauce, and cheese in greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, ending with Mozzarella.
- Bake in moderate over (375 F) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Let stand out of over 5 minutes. Cut into squares. Serves 6 to 8.