Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A milder flavored, fluffier pumpkin pie
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells
- Thoroughly mix egg yolks, pumpkin, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and sugars.
- Mix in evaporated milk.
- Heat mixture in a pan until slightly warm.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Fold beaten egg whites into warm pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake until the top is browned and an inserted knife comes out clean (about 30 minutes).
- Cool completely.