Mary Krull's Rosemary Onion Tarts (Pizza)
- For the dough: Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and rosemary, stirring to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead a few minutes.
- Transfer to a greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- For the topping: In a bowl combine the vinegar, ricotta and garlic and set the mixture aside. In a saute pan, heat the oil, and when it is hot, add the shallots, onions and rosemary.
- Turn down the heat and cook 20 minutes or until the onions are softened.
- Roast the pepper under the broiler until it is evenly charred.
- Put the pepper in a paper bag, seal tightly and allow to sit 10-15 minutes so the skin loosens; then scrape off the skin and remove the seeds and stem. Cut it into strips.
- Set the oven at 425 degrees.
- Punch down the dough, divide it into 2 pieces, and pat them out into pizza rounds. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the rounds, top with onions, pepper, scallions which have been cut into 2 inch lengths and halved lengthwise, and pine nuts.
- Bake the pizzas for 15 minutes or until the crust is firm and golden brown.
- Serve at once. Serves four.