Mr. Bill in TN's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs new potatoes
- 1Drop tiny new potatoes in boiling, salted water and cook, timing carefully after the water returns to a boil for six minutes.
- 2Potatoes should be no larger than an English Walnut.
- 3Otherwise, cut them into pieces about that size.
- 4After cooking, drain potatoes well, rinse under cold water, and bring to room temperature.
- 5In saucepan, beat eggs.
- 6Stir in sugar and vinegar.
- 7Melt butter in small pan and reserve.
- 8Place the egg mixture over low heat and cook stirring constantly until thickened to the consistency of heavy cream.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in the melted butter, along with celery seed and dry mustard.
- 11Place pan in a larger pan of cold water to cool the dressing quickly and prevent overcooking.
- 12When dressing is cooled to room temperature, combine with mayonnaise to make enough to coat the potatoes.
- 13Add additional mayonnaise as needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary Katherine's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 35.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: