Recipe by TEJx3
This is a recipe for the BEST POUND cake I have ever had. This was my Grandmothers recipe. She recently passed at the ripe old age of 100 and I think she would have liked to share this with the world. She would bake 10 of these at a time and give them to everyone including the mailman, paperman and anyone she would meet. So since she is no longer to bake them, I will spread the joy she would have this way. Please give it a try. Serve it plan, with your favorite fruit, ice cream or chocolate sauce or whatever you would like. The possibilities are limitless. Or better yet make two and give one as a gift.
Top Review by bricookie55
This cake was a huge hit! I made it for my son's birthday and we barely had any left over. I felt like it was good on its own, but some people ate it with ice cream or some strawberries in sugar. I want this to be the only pound cake recipe I use from now on. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups imperial margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 unbeaten eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 1⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 10" tube pan or two 9"x5"x2 1/2" loaf pans.
- Cream margarine slowly adding sugar.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, and salt alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla and almond extract last and blend until well mixed.
- Bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes or until done.
- Turn out of pan(s) immediately and cool on wire rack.