Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This family recipe was almost lost. Grandma gave this recipe to Mary S. after the dementia set in. Sarah was at Mary's after Grandma's funeral getting a recipe. This recipe fell out of Mary's box and Sarah picked it up, recognizing her mother's handwriting. Mary pled with Sarah to let her keep it saying that Grandma had given it to her. Sarah made her a copy and the original recipe is in Sarah's recipe box and now here.
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml margarine (stick margarine, no tub)
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 236.59 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml nuts
- 828.06 ml flour
- Blend together sugars, margarine, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour salt, baking soda and cream of tarter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheet by spoonfull and press down with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.
great crispy cookies, I used butter in place of margaine and omitted the coconut, 10 minutes baking time was more than enough in my air-bake convection oven, thanks for sharing!...Kitten
Wow! Mary Jane knows here cookies. These are delicious! Very easy to make and the results are fabulous! My husband and kids couldn't get enough. Thanks Hill Family! ~Amy