Recipe by Hill Family
Mary Helen lived in Italy for some time and came back with some great recipes ... this is one of them.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped fine
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 -12 slices course country bread
- 2 large garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil vinegar and salt. Toss well.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil both sides lightly (about 2 min total)
- Remove and rub one side with slice of garlic clove.
- Arrange bread garlic side up and spoon on topping.
- Serve at once.