Recipe by Hill Family
Another great dish from Mary Helen
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This is very simple, very Italian, and very good. Bacon adds its own rich flavor to a completely classic pasta sauce, and we loved it. We discovered at the last second we didn't have Parmesan, so topped it with some shredded Mozzarella; that worked fine. Made for PRMR July 09.
- 1 lb bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- parmesan cheese
- 12 -16 ounces penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet. When cooked add onion and fry until transparent.
- Drain some of the bacon grease, add olive oil and tomatoes, then add fresh basil if desired.
- Cook pasta al dente and then pour this mixture over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.