Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An unusual sauce for Armenian Shish Kebobs that can be used on other cuts of lamb for the grill. This was given to me years ago by my friend's Armenian father-in-law. (For a spicier marinade/sauce, use red pepper flakes instead of the black pepper.) NOTE: Cooking time does not include marinating time. Also cooking time is estimated, depending on thickness of lamb cubes.)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup pickle juice
- Combine ingredients for the marinade and pour over lamb chunks (or other cuts). Marinate for 5 hours. Place lamb on skewers (or on rack, if not kebabs). Broil on all sides over medium coals to medium-rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with remaining marinade.
- (Note: This is enough for up to 4# lamb.).