Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe has been passed down from my grandma. I'm not sure of its origin, but would like to share. It is a more mild-tasting stuffing.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add celery and onion and saute.
- In large bowl, stir together sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Stir in toasted bread pieces.
- Beat the egg and stir into bread mixture to coat.
- Add 1 quart of milk to saute mixture and heat until scalding, but not boiling.
- Then, stir saute/milk mixture into the bread.
- Stuff into turkey or bake in oven. You will have extra after you've stuffed the bird, so you will want to bake some separately.