This recipe has been passed down from my grandma. I'm not sure of its origin, but would like to share. It is a more mild-tasting stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large skillet.
- 2Add celery and onion and saute.
- 3In large bowl, stir together sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Stir in toasted bread pieces.
- 4Beat the egg and stir into bread mixture to coat.
- 5Add 1 quart of milk to saute mixture and heat until scalding, but not boiling.
- 6Then, stir saute/milk mixture into the bread.
- 7Stuff into turkey or bake in oven. You will have extra after you've stuffed the bird, so you will want to bake some separately.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary Etta'a Thanksgiving Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g