Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a no fuss cheese cake, no spring-form pan, no water bath. Easy and pretty quick. You do need to make in in advance so it has time to chill completely. This will make a fairly thin layer of cheese cake and blueberry. You can double the recipe (not the crust part) and bake for 40 minutes OR you can bake this in a 8 or 9 inch square pan (don't double pie filling) and cook for I don't know how long - like 30 minutes. The brown spots on top tell you when it is done. Prep and cook times do not include chill times.
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, let sit out to soften
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix together the pie filling and lemon juice, bring to a simmer and set aside to cool.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of margarine or butter. Press into a 9x 13 inch pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- To the cream cheese, add the eggs, vanilla and 1 cup sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Spread mixture over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (top should have a couple of brown spots on it). Let cool completely.
- Spread the blueberry mixture on top.
- Cover and chill.