Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My grandma Mary Belle made these potatoes for every family get together. Simple food, wonderful onion & pepper flavor. May also be wrapped in foil & baked on the grill or you can add shredded cheese of any kind.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, cut in rings
- 2 green peppers, cut in rings
- salt & pepper
- Grease a large casserole dish and add 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Top with 1/3 of the onions& peppers.
- Dot with 3 pats of butter, lightly salt& pepper to taste.
- Repeat the layers and dot the top with butter.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cooking Note: Grated cheese of any kind may be added between the layers!
Made these in foil on the grill and served with Polish Sausage. Wonderful!
We make this all the time in the oven or on the grill. I sometimes add a pound of smoked sausage sliced up to it to make it a complete main dish. It is quick and easy and delicious.
Nice combination and flavorable.