Recipe by Denise!
My grandma Mary Belle made these potatoes for every family get together. Simple food, wonderful onion & pepper flavor. May also be wrapped in foil & baked on the grill or you can add shredded cheese of any kind.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, cut in rings
- 2 green peppers, cut in rings
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a large casserole dish and add 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Top with 1/3 of the onions& peppers.
- Dot with 3 pats of butter, lightly salt& pepper to taste.
- Repeat the layers and dot the top with butter.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cooking Note: Grated cheese of any kind may be added between the layers!