Recipe by FCR Gal
Another one of my favorite recipes of my mom's. This is a great one dish meal that is inexpensive and easy to prepare. Most of my mom's cooking is done by taste and not by measurement, so adjustments should be made according to your own preferences. Enjoy!
- 4 -6 pork chops (we generally use bone-in chops)
- 1⁄2-1 cup rice (depending on number of chops & people)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (which ever you use I would puree in the food processor) or 1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (which ever you use I would puree in the food processor)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to tomatoes to equal approximately double than the amount of rice that you are making.
- Combine rice, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and water in 13X9 pan.
- Lay pork chops on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes then uncover for 10 to 15 minutes until chops are browned and rice is soft.