Recipe by FCR Gal
I don't know how authentic this recipe is, but this has always been one of my of my favorite recipes that my mom makes! This dish was always one of her favorites growing up, so it has been handed down a couple of generations in my family. It is inexpensive and easy to make. We always have it with applesauce and garlic bread. Enjoy!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground meat
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (crushed tomatoes okay) or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook elbow noodles until not quite done; drain and set aside.
- Brown the meat with peppers, onions, salt, pepper & garlic. Drain if.
- Add tomatoes and elbow noodles. You may also need to add additional water.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has cooked down.
- I generally give a taste test and add more salt and probably more powdered.