Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes from an old church cookbook. I have made hundreds of loaves over the years for bake sales and friends.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until blended.
- Beat in buttermilk.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until all flour is moist.
- Add bananas and any options.
- Put into two 8x4 loaf pans and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool for 15 minutes and turn out of pan onto cooling rack.