Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from Bon Appetit, April 1989. The flavor is great, but the baking time is a little off. I may try it at 300 or 350 next time.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, plus
- 1 tablespoon toasted pecans, finely ground
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rub 2 tablespoons butter over bottom and up sides of 10 inch springform pan with 3 inch high sides.
- Add pecans, shaking and turning pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Mix cracker crumbs with remaining 1/4 cup butter in small bowl.
- Press into bottom of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until softened.
- Add sugar, eggs, yolks, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until knife inserted 2 inches from center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave cheesecake in oven 20 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Release pan sides from cheesecake.
- Transfer to platter.
- Cut into slices.
If I could give this recipe more stars I would. You might have to play with it to get it just right. Have all your ingredients at room temperature and use a stand mixer beat the cheese and sugar the the eggs and sour cream. I have cut the recipe in half and still have 8 servings that are too much unless you are really hungry. I don't use the pecans but put crumbs up the side a little way. I have to check the doneness before I take it out.