Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My father used to make this for the family but used raw potatoes for the "crust". This is an updated version for families on the run. The kids will love it and it's very simple to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Other pizza ingredients to taste
- Italian sausage
- black olives or green olives
- mushroom, and so on
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown gound beef until no longer pink.
- Drain well.
- While beef is browning, combine Prego and cheddar cheese soup in medium saucepan.
- Heat through to blend thoroughly.
- Add browned beef, parmesan, onion, green pepper and other desired pizza ingredients to sauce mixture and stir well.
- Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange frozen hash brown patties in bottom of pan in a single layer.
- Pour sauce mixture over patties and spread evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut in 8"pattie sized" pieces.