Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the World Famous Marvin's GCB from historic Marvin's restaurant in Greencastle, Indiana on the DePauw University Campus. Copycatted by a DePauw Alum for homemade mini GCB's!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 count) packagebread du jour Italian rolls
- 1 tablespoon lawry's coarse ground garlic salt with parsley
- 5 slices American cheese
- parkay butter-flavored cooking spray
- ranch dressing (Ken's Steakhouse Brand)
- Spray each dinner roll with Parkay and dust them with a good amount of garlic salt. It MUST be Lawry's Coarse Ground Garlic Salt w/ Parsley.
- Bake Rolls in oven @ 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Add about a teaspoon of garlic salt to the ground beef and combine well. Form into small patties about the size of a golf ball. Cook in a skillet with a small amount of olive oli. Press the burgers firmly with spatula so they flatten out into silver dollar size patties. Cook about 2 minutes on each side. Medium to high heat.
- Put a quarter slice of American cheese on each pattie as they come off the skillet. Cut rolls in half to to form buns and place 2 burger patties between each roll/bun.
- Dip in Ken's Steakhouse Ranch and EAT!
Thanks TC! Brings back great memories from the Beta House. Your old pal, Schwerdt
Tastes just like Marvins!!! yummy yummy, These are also good if made on the grill. I go a little lighter on the salt. Just my preference
This was good. The buns were incredible. I love Lawry's garlic salt. Hadn't tried before this recipe and threw out my other garlic salt after I had. We didn't have enough ranch to dip our burgers in and I think that would have been great, though it wasn't bad this way either. Will probably make again.