Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick and easy, but your guests or family will think you spent hours making it. You could make up a few crusts for the pies, as I do, and just pop one out of the freezer, thaw and bake nearly in the time it takes to fix the pie ingredients. So good! Note: To get more juice from a lemon, either roll it around on the counter while holding it firmly, or stick it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Note: Time does not include the time it takes to come to room temperature.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice, about 3 lemons
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 baked and cooled 9-inch pie shell
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg and egg yolks, and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Cook, over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in butter and cool to room tremperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour into the prepared baked pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated.