Recipe by mailbelle
I was intrigued when I saw this recipe because I'd never seen a muffin recipe that used Cream of Mushroom Soup as an ingredient. Haven't tried these, but they sound like they would go great with a bowl of soup or some roast and gravy. From the book, "Joey Green's Mealtime Magic."
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine soup, egg, and shortening; pour into flour well. Stir until just mixed (overmixing will cause the muffins to be tough.).
- Fill prepared muffin pans two-thirds full. Bake 20 minutes. Serve warm.