Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
1 1/2 starches
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups whole grain cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, honey and molasses.
- Add the applesauce, baking powder, cornmeal and flour.
- Don't overmix.
- The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- The corn bread is done when it pulls away slightly from the pan.