Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
Like chocolate? Like coffee? Like cappuchino? Make these, you'll thank me!
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) containerwhipped vanilla frosting
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate milk
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 18 milk chocolate kisses
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of the instant espresso powder with the frosting.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes until the espresso granules have completely dissolved (yes, they will eventually dissolve!).
- In a bowl, mix the remaining espresso powder with the chocolate milk.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed, substituting the coffee flavored chocolate mix for the water.
- Pour the batter into 18 foil-line muffin cups until each is half full.
- Place a Kiss in the center of each cup.
- Spoon the rest of the batter on top of each Kiss to cover.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched (touch, don't poke!).
- Frost with the espresso-flavored frosting.
- If you want, you can garnish with some whipped cream and dust with cinnamon and cocoa for a cappuchino effect.
I can't believe no one has reviewed this!!!! Chocolate nirvana!!! Easy, gooey, yummy.
Instead of putting the kiss I opened a can of cherry pie filling and put 2 teaspoons in the place of the candy kiss. What a hit.