Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Food & Family Fall 2005 issue.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup thick & chunky salsa (Taco Bell brand)
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and chili powder together.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and press meat mixture into each cup.
- Make a well in the center of each cup and spoon the salsa evenly into each of the twelve cups.
- Bake 30 minutes or until meatloaves are cooked through.
- Top with the cheese and return back to the oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
Great dish for a quick weekday meal. These are so easy to fix and taste great. I like to change it up with the BBQ version: substitute 1 tsp. garlic powder for the chili powder, 3/4 cup BBQ sauce for the salsa, and cheddar cheese instead of Mexican blend. Thanks for posting.
These were really tasty, and so quick and easy to put together (and pretty healthy too). I used medium heat Cowboy Poet salsa and it turned out just right for our tastes...not too spicy, but had a little kick. Thanks for sharing. This is a keeper.