Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tangy rich tenderizing marinade recipe for grilled, sauteed or baked chicken. I adapted it from a Lebanese restaurant's marinated kabobs. You will receive many many compliments!
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- Mix the yogurt with the seasonings place in a plastic bag with the chicken. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Pound chicken in the bag with the marinade to 1/2 thick and grill, saute, skewer or bake until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with rice or pasta and salad and enjoy!
Yum!!! Easy to do and tastes great.
I made a few changes... replaced most of the coriander with more cumin, used the juice and zest of one lemon, and used boneless/skinless thighs. Sliced it and made a pita sandwich with hummus and tzatziki. The results were very moist and good.
This is good-- I wasn't thrilled with it, but it was nice for something different.